- You are here:
- Privacy Statement
Librarybuildings.ie website is maintained by Libraries Development, LGMA.
Librarybuildings.ie fully respects the right to privacy, and will not collect any personal information on this website without clear permission. Any personal information that is volunteered will be treated with the highest standards of security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Acts, 1988-2003.
This statement relates to the privacy practices of Libraries Development, LGMA in connection with this website. Libraries Development, LGMA is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites. Some technical terms used in this statement are explained at the end of this page.
Collection and use of personal information
Librarybuildings.ie does not collect any personal data, apart from information that is volunteered. (For example, when collecting feedback or asking a question.) Any information provided in this way is used by librarybuildings.ie only for the purpose for which it is collected.
Information routinely collected by Libraries Development, LGMA
Libraries Development, LGMA may collect the following information from each user of this site:
- Statistical information (IP address and hostname, browser version, pages visited etc.).
- The previous website address from which this was reached, including any search terms used
- Other information submitted in forms, for example if personal details were submitted when requesting a form or providing feedback.
What we use the information for
Any personal information provided will be used only for the purpose supplied. Personal details will be deleted from the system after a set period of time. Any other information collected is used only for analysing usage patterns, in order to guide us in improving the site.
Librarybuildings.ie will neither make attempts to identify individual visitors, nor associate the technical details listed above with any individual. It is our policy never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law. The technical information will be used only for statistical and other administrative purposes.
It should be noted that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute "personal data" for the purposes of the Data Protection Acts, 1988 - 2003.
Further Information or to make a request
If you are concerned about how personal data is processed via this website, please do not hesitate to bring such concerns to our attention by post, phone or email at:Libraries Development
Local Government House35-39 Ushers Quay
+353 1 6332200
Glossary of technical terms used
- Web Browser
- The piece of software used to read web pages. Examples are Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera.
- IP Address
- The identifying details for a computer (or internet company's computer), expressed in "internet protocol" code (for example 192.168.72.34). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.
- Small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer by a web site. Cookies can be read by the web site on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the web page, or a unique identification number so that the web site can "remember" you on your return visit. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the web site.